Yang Mingxing, bachelor of Geology, master of Mineralogy, PhD of Gem Mineralogy; 2003, professor; 1991, achieved certificate of FGA; 1994, achieved certificate of DGA; 1998, qualification of CGC by passing national exam; 2002, achieved certificate of MVP; 2010, appointed as a member of the national jewelry quality inspection expert committee by State Administration for Quality Supervision and Inspection and Quarantine. 2010, editorial director of Journal of Gems & Gemmology.
Currently, Yang is the dean of the Gem Institute of China University of Geosciences (Wuhan), director of the Jewelry Testing Center of China University of Geosciences.
Main titles also include: CPPCC Standing Committee of Hongshan district of Wuhan city, Governmental Advisory Committee of Hongshan district of Wuhan city, vice president of China Jewelry Industry Association and deputy secretary-general of the Appraisal and Assessment Committee, vice president of Gemstone and Jade Association in Hubei, vice president of Wuhan Gold Jewelry Industry Association, president of Wuhan Jewelry Culture Street Industry Association, consultant of Appreciation Stone Association in Hubei, consultant of Calaite Association in Hubei, senior advisor of calaite industry in Zhushan, Hubei, consultant of Gemstone and Jade Association in Yunnan, consultant of Color Gemstone Jewelry Chamber of Commerce in Guangdong, consultant of Jewelry Designer Association in Shenzhen.
Yang has been engaged in the teaching and research of gemstones for a long time. Yang has conducted more than 10 research projects and published more than 30 papers. In recent years, the key research focuses are jade, organic gemstones, and the development planning of jewelry industry. The following are the research projects that Yang presides or participated in :
1. National Natural Science Fund: The Genesis of Turquoise Deposit in Hubei, Ore Indicators and Enhancement Techniques.
2. National Natural Science Fund: Goshenite Color Treatment via Irradiation and Its Mechanism in Sichuan.
3. Hubei Humanities and Social Science Fund: Identification and Research of Gold, Silver, Pearls, Precious Stones and Jades from King Liangzhuang’s Tomb in Ming dynasty in Zhongxiang, Hubei.
4. Ministry of Geology and Mineral Resources: Multimedia Software for Gemstone Teaching.
5. Ministry of Education: Online Multimedia Software for Gemstone Teaching.
6. China University of Geosciences: Enhancement of Diamonds and CAI Teaching Software for Jewelry Trade.
7. Hainan Xinsheng industrial Co. LTD: Market Report of the Seven Provinces and Cities about Xinsheng Jewelry.
8. Gemesis Company: Gemological Characteristics of Colored Diamonds of Gemesis and Research on China Market Development Strategy.
9. Science and Technology Department of Hubei Province: Numerical Control Technology in Freshwater Mussels Non-nuclear Pears Nurturing
10. Land and Resources Bureau in Zhushan Distinct of Hubei: Standard Development of Calaite in Hubei.
11. Guangdong Science and Technology Department: Key Technologies and Applications for Testing of Organic Gems.
12. National Key Laboratory Fund: Micro-structural Characteristics of Red Coral.
13. Zhejiang Cultural Relics and Archaeology Cooperation Project: Study on the Erosion Characteristics of the Ancient Jade in Zhuangqiao Grave ,Liangzhu Village;
14. Shaanxi Cultural Relics and Archaeology Cooperation Project: Study on the Erosion Characteristics of the Ancient Jade in Tombs in Eastern and Western Zhou Dynasties in Liangdai village ,Hancheng city, Shaanxi Province.
15. Quality Supervision Bureau Yunxian County, Hubei: Topaz Standard Development in Hubei.
16. State Administration for Quality Supervision and Inspection and Quarantine: Study on Color Evaluation Indexes and Origin Characteristics of Hetian Jade
17. Xinjiang Tiantai Jade Mining Company: Study on the Characteristics of Petrology and Gemology of Hetian Jade, Xinjiang Autonomous Region.
18. National Geological Survey Project: General Research on Typical Section of Petrology Features of Hetian Jade, Xinjiang Automomous Region (Jade part).
19. Science and Technology Bureau Project of Hongshan District of Wuhan City：Several key Techniques in Gem Testing
20. Science and Technology Bureau Project of Hongshan District of Wuhan City：Research on Key Technologies in Jade Inspection.